God has given every person born on planet earth HIS promises. The most phenomenal thing about HIS promises is that not one of those promises will return to Him void whether we believe them or not. That makes us know that trusting GOD and seeing those promises fulfilled in our lives is absolutely and solely dependent on our belief in God.
Here are just a few of God’s promises that I have tested and tried for myself:
- Laughter – Proverbs 31:25 “She clothed with STRENGTH and DIGNITY; she can LAUGH at the days to come.”
- Fear – Joshua 1:9 “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. DO NOT be terrified; DO NOT be discouraged, for THE LORD your God will be with you WHEREVER you may go.”
- Waiting – Isaiah 40:31 “But THOSE who wait on the Lord SHALL renew their strength, they SHALL mount up with wings as eagles, they SHALL run and not be weary , they SHALL walk and not faint.”
- Trust – Isaiah 49:23 “She who trusts in the Lord will NEVER be disappointed.”
- Direction – Proverbs 3:5-6 “TRUST in the Lord with all your heart, and lean NOT unto thy own UNDERSTANDING, in ALL your WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE Him, and HE SHALL DIRECT thy path.”
- Be still – Exodus 14:14 “The Lord WILL FIGHT for you; you need only to be still.”
- Old age – Isaiah 46:4 “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who WILL SUSTAIN you. I have made you and I WILL CARRY you; I WILL sustain you and I WILL RESCUE you.”
Don’t say my God is silent when YOUR BIBLE is closed. I’ve been young and now I am older…I am yet to see one of God’s promises that didn’t come through for me. I have had many challenges, questions, concerns, doubts, fears and moments of unbelief, but I held on to my faith inspite of the storms…..God said it! I believe it! That settles it for me!