The word assurance is the state of being sure or certain about something. A strong confidence about being right. I have the complete assurance that God hears me when I pray. I pray when I’m driving; when I’m walking; when I’m sitting in company with others (they may never be aware because I’m not moving my lips or closing my eyes); and many times in my sleep (subconscious). The reason I pray is because I have the full assurance that God hears me whenever (24/7) I pray – and praying has become my antidote to worrying or stressing over things I absolutely have no control over.
I have never questioned God, but I have questioned myself numerous times. There are many days that I have felt completely overwhelmed by God’s demonstration of love for and to me. Somehow, instead of being exuberant about His manifested love for me … I become saddened that MY love for God is literally only a drop in the huge ocean – in comparison of God’s love for me. I can never love God as much as He loves me, so this personal quest and hunger for loving God continues to be an unquenchable thirst in my life.
I have selected a few scriptures below that has given me the full assurance that indeed God is my constant life companion. I trust my blog today will encourage you to build a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It will be amazing for you to experience the blessed assurance of knowing that Jesus can be your constant partner/friend for life.
God’s Word can become your full assurance in this life, because His promises are true. You can humbly kneel before God, or stand before kings, or sit among the lowly when you know God’s got your back.
Here are a few of my chosen scriptures that has held me down in my journey on earth:
1. I’m standing on a solid rock – “From a faraway land I call to you for help. I feel so weak and helpless! Carry me to a high rock where no one can reach me. You are my place of safety, a strong tower that protects me from my enemies.” Psalms 61:2-3 ERV
2. I will serve no foreign God – “There must be no foreign god among you. You must not bow down to any strange deity. I am the LORD your God…” Psalms 81:9-10 CEB
3. I’m leaning on the Lord side – “But if it seems wrong in your opinion to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Choose the gods whom your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live.
But my family and I will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15 CEB
4. Jesus is my deliverer – “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he saves those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous have many problems, but the LORD delivers them from every one.” Psalms 34:18-19 CEB
5. What a mighty God we serve – “the LORD your God is the God of all gods and Lord of all lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God who doesn’t play favorites and doesn’t take bribes.” Deuteronomy 10:17 CEB
6. Jesus is the center of my life – “I’m convinced that nothing can separate us from God’s love in Christ Jesus our Lord: not death or life, not angels or rulers, not present things or future things, not powers or height or depth, or any other thing that is created.” Romans 8:38-39 CEB
7. I command my hands to praise the Lord – “The righteous have many problems, but the LORD delivers them from every one.” Psalms 34:19 CEB