“There are seven things that the Lord hates and cannot tolerate:
1. A proud look – is having an overly confident and arrogant look.
The Bible says, “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18
- Rick Warren says, “Humility isn’t denying your strengths; it’s being honest about your weaknesses.”
2. A lying tongue – why does God hates lying? Because Satan is the father of lies. –> “You are the children of your father, the Devil, and you want to follow your father’s desires…because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he is only doing what is natural to him, because he is a liar and the father of all lies.” John 8:44 GNB
- Stirs up trouble and separates good friends.
- It absolutely costs nothing to speak the truth, but when you lie to someone, or lie about someone – it can cost you a lot more than you expected.
3. Hands that kill innocent people – We are God’s handiwork; God knitted us together in our Mother’s womb; We were born with purpose; All our days are numbered; God has appointed our limit on earth even before we were born.
Therefore no one should shed innocent lives:
- abortionist – a person who carries out abortions
- honor killings – in certain cultures girls who bring shame to the family can be lawfully killed
- suicide – someone who intentionally takes their own life
- euthanasia – the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering
4. A mind that thinks up wicked plans – a person who lies in his bed and thinks of evil plans.
- how to rob the bank
- how to kill his neighbor
- searching pornography websites
- dishonest and shady dealings
5. Feet that run off to do evil – someone who considered an ungodly act, and swiftly goes into action. Moving with haste to commit the sin.
- Women gossiping about other women
- Spousal betrayal
- Sowing discord to stir up hatred
- Manipulating children to despise the other parent
6. A witness that tells one lie after the other – someone who lies as a witness is a false witness. He’s shameless and corrupt.
- manager vs employees
- gang members vs gang members
- husband vs wife
7. Someone who stirs up trouble – a trouble maker; drama queen; a person who makes trouble between two persons.
- Child vs Mother
- Mother vs Child
- Sister vs Sister
- In law vs In law