“My God, I trust you. Please don’t let me be put to shame! Don’t let my enemies rejoice over me!
For that matter, don’t let anyone who hopes in you be put to shame; instead, let those who are treacherous without excuse be put to shame.
Lead me in your truth—teach it to me— because you are the God who saves me. I put my hope in you all day long.”
Psalms 25:2-3, 5 CEB
Trusting someone means that you think he/she is reliable, and you have confidence in them. Anyone who has ever had a relationship with God, knows He can be trusted. If you only want to trust God whenever you are facing a challenge, you may argue that God cannot be trusted. Trust can only be tested when you are in a relationship with someone.
A relationship with God is simple . You can learn more about who God is by studying His Word or interacting with someone who knows Him. One way or the other, it’s to your advantage that you get your own track record of the ways God can be trusted.
The Psalmist David had his own experiences of trusting God, and here’s what he said,
- MY God I trust You. Meaning – My GOD when I trust You, I will not worry or become anxious. I’ve proven in my life, you always gives me Your best.
- DON’T let ANYONE who hopes in YOU be put to shame. Meaning – Lord, don’t let me or any one of Your children who have a deep rooted, bold and solid confidence IN YOU be put to shame
- Let those who are treacherous without a cause be put to shame. Meaning – Let anyone who is deceitful or disloyal WITHOUT a reason be put to shame
- Lead me in Your truth. Meaning – God, you see and know things as they are, so let me never rely on my assumptions or on my own limited intellect. Let me guided by what YOU see to be true
- Teach it to me. Meaning – I’m no longer going to walk with my limited knowledge, I want God to walk with me step by step, holding my hand
- God who saves me. Meaning – God is the One who rescues me from danger and death
- I will put my TRUST in HIM all day long. Meaning – I will not get anxious or become overwhelmed in the morning, evening, and night.
Why would I put my trust in God:
- He has proven Himself to me many times
- He will never let me ashamed
- Anyone who’s disloyal to me without a reason will be put to shame
- He sees and knows things as they really are
- He is holding my hand
- He keeps me away from danger
- God does not want me to get anxious anytime of the day
🙏🏾When darkness seems to hide his face, I rest on His unchanging grace, in every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil. 🙏🏾
🙏🏾On Christ The Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand🙏🏾