“Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my HEART is OVERWHELMED LEAD me to THE ROCK that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
Psalms 61:1-3 KJV
This week, my blogs were different as I wrote mostly on abusive relationships. I admitted to you on the first day that I felt I needed to empower young ladies and women whose voices were silenced coming out of unsolicited sexual advancements. I trust even if I got the awareness out there, it was worth every single minute that I spent writing in the wee hours of the mornings.
There are far too many silent victims that secretly intermingle among us, and no one knows who she is. SHE WEARS A MASK wishing she can trust one person to alert them of her plight. So she continues to hide behind the mask until that moment comes. They come from all walks of life, and many live in the nicest homes, and drives the nicest cars, and their marriages look healthy, but no one sees their deep hidden pain.
We are all part of this village of women, and therefore we must take the responsibility to support each other. The person who you are competing with, may be hurting so badly, but you are more crazy about competing with her – and you completely overlook their pain.💔.
1 out of every 6 women is abused before the age of eighteen. It takes nothing for one candle to light another candle – so the world will be a better place to live 🌎.
In summary, please look over the points listed below, and let’s store them in our memories with the hope to save one life. Each one help one. God hears the faintest cry, and tears are a language only God understands.
1. Verbally Abusive Partners calls you derogatory names to keep you in line or to control you. They BLAME you to cover themselves, so you don’t see their evil ways. It’s a distraction from themselves.
2. An abusive partner throws a tantrum or verbally attacks you, then says – IT WAS BECAUSE YOU……
3. If he NEVER TAKES responsibility and NEVER ADMITS to being wrong – It’s abuse.
4. If your partner tries to INSTILL FEAR in you by threatening you, or if they try to INTIMIDATE you with violence, or screaming insulted remarks at you – there’s something definitely wrong with that.
5. An abuser is a MANIPULATOR, they get angry, and emotionally PUNISH YOU when you disagree with their ideas. They try to make you FEEL GUILTY if you decide to do it your way. They may treat you like a child, as they believe you are incapable of doing anything. It’s the control factor that they are really going after.
6. Emotionally abusive relationships eventually GETS PHYSICAL – they push or grab you so hard that marks are left on your body.
Important Reminder / or Take away : Get help. Report it to someone. Help is available – ask someone. Break the cycle of abuse. You are NOT the only one – 1 out of every 6 women are abused before they reach 18 years.
He is a SHELTER and a STRONG tower from the enemy.
He is the God who loves you, who wraps you in His arms. WHEN YOUR HEART IS OVERWHELMED GO TO THE ROCK, His Name is JESUS. He’s remains our SAFETY NET.
Prayer works. 🙏🏾