Today’s blog is going to be interesting. I trust you can find one deep truth that will help you believe in yourself. Your mistakes and failures DO NOT define you. Note to yourself: 👉🏾“You are NOT that powerful to blow God’s plan for your life.”👈🏾
Humans (all of us) are imperfect, so don’t lose anymore sleep over what anybody thinks or says about you. If he/she is not God, their opinions absolutely doesn’t matter. WE ALL NEED GOD !!! So sit back and enjoy the reading. If I can help one person to stand on their feet again, rather than bow your head in shame and regret – then it was worth my time.
Satan’s major attack is always to control our mind. He knows if he gets our thinking warped – he wins, and we lose. Satan is NOT that powerful unless you give him permission. It’s always a fight, but it’s a fight that will make us champions. We don’t become champions in one year, it’s always ongoing. It’s only over when God says so.
Check Points Alert System of things we say to ourselves when we are discouraged or disappointed with ourselves: STOP ❌
- I feel like a failure
- If people know the real me, they wouldn’t like me
- I have to do everything perfect so I wouldn’t be criticized
- I can tell that people don’t like me by the way they treat me
- If I worry over my mistakes maybe I will feel better
👉🏾 Reality – You are NOT that powerful to blow God’s plan for your life.👈🏾
There’s a great story found in John 4:16-18 CEB –
“Jesus said to HER, “Go, get your husband, and come back here.” The woman replied, “I don’t have a husband.” “You are right to say, ‘I don’t have a husband,’” Jesus answered. “You’ve had five husbands, and the man you are with now isn’t your husband. You’ve spoken the truth.”
Now let me see if I can help to differentiate between what the woman at the well may have heard Jesus say to her vs what Jesus was actually saying to her.
👀 Side Note: Many times we (you and I) become bent out of shape when we speak, write, or text someone, and the individual heard or read something completely opposite to our intended message. 👥
Messsges get distorted based on our own negative thoughts 💭…
Old dirty recycled trick of Satan – is the battle of the mind theory, since in Jesus days in the wilderness after 40 days of fasting 🗣✍🏾️👀📱
Woman at the well negative thoughts:
- How did this stranger know I had five husbands, and I was now in a new relationship with someone else’s husband?
- I must be an awful person?
- Would I be openly disgraced and publicly stoned to death?
- Who is this man anyway who knows my story?
- Did anyone else hear him speak to me?
- Why didn’t I just run away and hide?
- I’m so embarrassed!
- I feel alone and scared!
- Is he a judge?
- I will never get over this shame!
- Why me?
- Why today?
Now, let’s look at Jesus intentions.
- Jesus deliberately wanted to meet with this unnamed woman.
- She was important to God.
- God had plans to do her good.
- Today was her day to meet the Master.
- Jesus knew the hour of the day she would be at the well.
- His sole purpose was to fill the void in her life.
- If five husbands couldn’t make this woman happy, it meant that she had no chance in finding the real answer to her emptiness and void.
- Jesus love for her surpassed the ugly and messy situations in her life.
- Jesus met with her to give her LIFE.
- He went there ONLY to meet with her.
- She didn’t know Him, but He knew all about her.
- For her to believe in Him, He had to tell her something about her life.
- His question and response were NOT to cause her further pain or to intimidate her, but to bring her attention to the void in her life – God.
Jesus mission to being at the well, and to place this story in the Bible is to prove to all of us – NO ONE IS EVER TOO SINFUL TO BE SAVED. 👉🏾 You are NOT that powerful to blow God’s plan for your life regardless of your past or present. 👈🏾
The unnamed adulterous woman had a past that the whole town knew about.
- Jesus was about to give her a new story because nobody’s story is too awful for Jesus to turn it into the greatest best seller.
- When Jesus touches anyone’s life, it usually explodes into an open display of unmerited grace.
- God turns ugly ducklings into beautiful swans, where NO MAN gets the glory.
- NO MAN or WOMAN can fill the void in our lives.
- Jesus turns SHAME into FAME.
- He miraculously turns MESS into a MESSAGE.
- He turns THORNS into CROWNS.
- The woman with shame SPRINTED back into her town to tell everyone about Jesus. That’s the real display of JOY that the men in her past life couldn’t give to her.
- Her life’s story bought many to Jesus.
- Everyone who saw and heard what Jesus did for the adulterous woman met with Jesus that same day.
- WE MUST SHARE OUR STORY. Every chapter is important.
It’s always safe to talk to God . He already knows all that has been happening in our lives anyway. God loves us, not because of who we are, but because of WHAT HE CAN DO IN OUR LIVES. You are NOT that powerful to blow God’s plan for your life! Let’s awake with gladness and share our story. Someone WILL be inspired.