According to the dictionary – A nuisance is a person, a thing, or circumstance causing inconvenience or annoyance. Synonyms – a thorn in one’s flesh/side, informal pain, pain in the neck, headache, problem…
If you ever had toddlers in your home most likely you would recall the painful memories of stepping on Lil Nuisances like trucks, lil pieces of lego, tripping over blankets while rushing to get to the next household chore. The instant impact of the pain freezes your ability to move along, and stops you dead in your track. The next scheduled chore will now become a mission impossible until you nurse your wounded feet back to comfort.
But what about the bigger nuisances in our lives:
- Past hurts and pain that stunts, prevents, impede, restrict, hamper, retard, or hinder our growth and development.
- The thorn in our flesh (who or what is the thorn)
If we do not set out every day to be purpose driven in life, we can find that life’s nuisances/experiences can have a negative impact on us – leaving us wounded, battered and broken, ultimately limiting our growth. Our lives can quickly evolve into a tangled mess like old computer cords and garden hoses.
Watch your thoughts – Chaos in our lives can quickly spiralled into uncontrolled emotional thoughts thereby creating a lifetime of regrets and loneliness.
How then can we handle those unpleasant situations that occurs in our life while still trying to stay in control of our emotions and act level-headed?
Each one of us have to deal with “unpleasant stuff”. Can they be fixed?
Answer: Yes and No.
Every day things can impede us from moving forward …but how we store or handle those web-tangling situations will determine:
- IF they remain as nuisances or
- IF they become trophies to display.
Nuisances or Trophies? Your choice.
If we choose to turn our situations into trophies – we first got to understand the process found in 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10 MSG:
- “Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn’t get a big head – (say what? “So I wouldn’t get a big head”)
- I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. – (The gift of a handicap, to keep me in constant touch with my limitations)
- Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. (Satan’s angel did his best to get me down – Okay then my gloves are on 🥊 and I’m down on my knees subtending all to God)
- No danger then of walking around high and mighty! – (Caution Sign just went up – No danger then of walking around high and mighty …hmmmm – I get it. Stay humble)
- At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. (Is it really a gift? I just thought about that – and here I was begging God to remove IT… it’s a gift 🎁)
- Three times I did that, and then he told me, My grace is enough; it’s all you need. (So the answer to my prayers was not what I wanted … but God’s grace is ENOUGH and it’s ALL that I really needed) Love it. Got it.
- My strength comes into its own in your weakness. (Exchange of gifts taking place right here. God’s strength comes into its own in my WEAKNESS – this is some good stuff)
- Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. (Ooops – regrets, sadness, pain turns into happiness ✅)
- I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. – (On repeat right now – “I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift – Look who’s laughing their way to victory 👍🏾)
- It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. (What’s moving in? Christ’s strength – I like ❤️)
- Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. – (No way!!! Really? Okay then, I’m all good 😊 Singing 🎤 “Born to Win”)
- I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.” – (My sense of maturity is fully established 🙌🏾)
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 MSG
I’m a big girl now!!!