I’ve got news for you – there’s HOPE in ANY crisis…nothing you and I are facing is too hard for God to do. All God expects of us is to pray and have faith …the rest is His job. God’s Grace is ENOUGH! His strength is made PERFECT in our weaknesses.
The devil cannot stop God from answering our prayers, but he can stop us from praying by putting doubt, fear and unbelief in our hearts. I’m extremely cautious of the people I surround myself with, especially if or when I’m facing a crisis. Why?
People can either negatively or positively affect your thinking and decisions …and you will know it.
We give the devil too much credit by believing that we don’t have the strength to persevere. We’ve got to keep the fight going. It ain’t over until it’s over.
No soldier goes into war without a fighting mentality. You cannot win any battle by running and hiding or resisting opposition.
Nothing in your life is over UNTIL God shows up and shows off.
“And so it was …that she, having waited long and endured patiently realized and obtained what God had promised.” Hebrews 6:15
CASE #3 🎓
“After some time, in the third year of the drought, the Lord said to Elijah, “Go and present yourself to King Ahab, and I will send rain.”
1 Kings 18:1 GNTD
“Elijah went up to the people and said,
- How much longer will it take you to make up your minds
- If the Lord is God, worship him;
- but if Baal is God, worship him!”
But the people didn’t say a word.
Let the prophets of Baal pray to their god.
I will pray to the Lord
The one who answers by sending fire—he is God.”
The people shouted their approval.
“Then Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “Since there are so many of you, you take a bull and prepare it first.
Pray to your god, but don’t set fire to the wood.”
They took the bull that was brought to them, prepared it
- Prayed to Baal until noon.
- They shouted, “Answer us, Baal!”
- Kept dancing around the altar they had built
- But no answer came.
At noon Elijah started making fun of them:
- “Pray louder!
- He is a god!
- Maybe he is day-dreaming or relieving himself,
- Or perhaps he’s gone off on a trip!
- Or maybe he’s sleeping, and you’ve got to wake him up!”
So the prophets prayed louder and cut themselves with knives and daggers, according to their ritual, until blood flowed.
They kept on ranting and raving until the middle of the afternoon;
- But no answer came
- Not a sound was heard.
At the hour of the afternoon sacrifice the prophet Elijah approached the altar and prayed,
“O Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove now that you are the God of Israel
- I am your servant and have done all this at your command.
- Answer me, Lord, answer me, so that this people will know that you, the Lord, are God and that you are bringing them back to yourself.”
The Lord sent fire down, and it burned up the sacrifice, the wood, and the stones, scorched the earth and dried up the water in the trench.
- When the people saw this, they threw themselves on the ground and exclaimed,
“The Lord is God; the Lord alone is God!”
Then Elijah said to King Ahab, “Now, go and eat.
“I hear the roar of rain approaching.”
While Ahab went to eat, Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel, where he bowed down to the ground, with his head between his knees.
He said to his servant,
- Go and look toward the sea.
- The servant went and returned, saying, “I didn’t see a thing.”
- Seven times in all Elijah told him to go and look.
The seventh time he returned and said,
“I saw a little cloud no bigger than a man’s hand, coming up from the sea.”
Elijah ordered his servant, “Go to King Ahab and tell him to get in his chariot and go back home before the rain stops him.”
- In a little while the sky was covered with dark clouds,
the wind began to blow, and a heavy rain began to fall.”
1 Kings 18:21, 24-29, 36-39, GTND
Points to ponder:
- You have to decide who you are going to serve. Will it be the only true and living God of Elijah or Baal gods? You can’t have it both ways. God never answers a double minded man.
- The people who served the false gods recognize the God of Elijah and worship Him
- They killed the 450 false prophets who had led them into idol worship
If God be God then serve Him.