What is Good Friday all about?
- “We despised him and rejected him;
- he endured suffering and pain.
- No one would even look at him— we ignored him as if he were nothing.
- “But he endured the suffering that should have been ours, the pain that we should have borne.
- All the while we thought that his suffering was punishment sent by God.
- But because of our sins he was wounded, beaten because of the evil we did.
- We are healed by the punishment he suffered, made whole by the blows he received.
- All of us were like sheep that were lost, each of us going his own way.
- But the Lord made the punishment fall on him, the punishment all of us deserved.
- “He was treated harshly, but endured it humbly; he never said a word.
- Like a lamb about to be slaughtered, like a sheep about to be sheared, he never said a word.
- He was arrested and sentenced and led off to die, and no one cared about his fate.
- He was put to death for the sins of our people.
- He was placed in a grave with those who are evil,
- he was buried with the rich, even though he had never committed a crime or ever told a lie.”
- The Lord says, “It was my will that he should suffer;
- his death was a sacrifice to bring forgiveness.
- And so he will see his descendants; he will live a long life,
- and through him my purpose will succeed.”
Isaiah 53:3-10 GNTD
Thank God for the Cross.
If it wasn’t for Jesus painfully picking up THE CROSS we wouldn’t be able to face tomorrow with HOPE ✝️✝️✝️
I’m one happy Christian ❤️