There are countless uses of salt besides the most familiar and common usage in preparing good tasting food.
I’m only listing four ways here since this is not the focus of my blog:
- Salt added to water makes the water boil at a higher temperature – not boil faster
- Sprinkle Salt along the pathway or across the door frame where ants are crossing and it will end their parade
- Salt added to a glass of warm water can be used as a gargle for sore throat
- A dash of salt added to the water in a flower vase will keep cut flowers fresh longer
It has been said that there’s no other seasoning that can satisfactorily take the place of salt.
The Bible says,
“You are like salt for the whole human race. But if salt loses its saltiness, there is no way to make it salty again. It has become worthless, so it is thrown out and people trample on it.” Matthew 5:13 GNTD
IF we are LIKE salt for the whole human race, where are we going to intentionally sprinkle our salt?
- Let our speech be always sprinkled with grace and seasoned with salt, so that we may know how to answer each person
- Give without holding back and sprinkle a dash of salt
- Listen without interrupting seasoned with salt
- Answer without arguing and sprinkle with salt
- Share without pretending and season with salt
- Trust without doubting and sprinkle a little salt
- Forgive without pretending and don’t forget to add the salt
- TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A GRAIN OF SALT
- Be soft and seasoned with salt
- Do not let others make you bitter and don’t forget to sprinkle salt
- Do not let pain make you hard, remember to sprinkle salt
- Do not believe everything you think just add a dash of salt.
WE ARE THE SALT!
- We are what we think
- We are what we say
- We are what we do
- We are what we look at
- We are how we behave
- We are whatever we encourage or discourage