I must remind you that I absolutely DO NOT know everything within the pages of the Bible…but one thing I’m 100% certain about is, “Jesus doesn’t need to be defended by any man.”
Instead, we should leave a little sparkle wherever we go and let our faith walk with Jesus defend itself.
Here are a few handpicked scriptures that I have reflected on to support my position:
“When Pilate saw that it was no use to go on, but that a riot might break out
he took some water
washed his hands in front of the crowd
“I am not responsible for the death of this man!
This is your doing!”
Matthew 27:24 GNTD
- Pilate was the Roman Governor at the time of Jesus death. The priests and the elders bought an innocent man named Jesus for him to be put to death
- Pilate did not find any fault in Jesus (sparkly clean character) …but to prevent a riot from breaking out …he agreed to put Jesus to death
- He took some water, washed his hands (in an attempt to make his hands clean) and said, “I am not responsible for the death of this man.”
Jesus was an innocent man that even Pilate the Governor found no fault in. But to prevent a riot he agreed to kill Him – only after washing his hands as a sign of not fully agreeing with the plot.
Jesus was treated harshly, but endured it humbly;
he NEVER said a word.
Like a lamb about to be slaughtered, like a sheep about to be sheared,
he NEVER said a word.” Isaiah 53:7 GNTD
“When the army officer and the soldiers with him who were watching Jesus
saw the earthquake and everything else that happened
they were terrified
“He really was the Son of God!”
Matthew 27:54 GNTD
- The army officers and the soldiers saw everything that was happening and they were terrified
- said, “He WAS really the Son of God.”
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go. Your character goes before you. The army officers and soldiers were terrified of their own actions because Jesus was innocent.
“When they saw him
they worshiped him
even though some of them doubted.”
Matthew 28:17 GNTD
- Jesus very own disciples doubted that He was risen after three days from the dead.
- He had to give them proofs by showing His nail pierced hands and sides before they could believe.
- When they saw (sparkle) , they worshipped Him, even though some of them doubted. Hmmmmm – some didn’t believe, saw the signs but some still doubted. Hmmmm….
We do not have to defend or argue about our Faith, but deliberately leave a little sparkle dust of gentleness, respect and a clear conscience wherever we go.
As followers of Jesus:
- Do it with gentleness
- With respect
- Our conscience clear
- When you are insulted and those who speak evil of your good conduct as followers of Christ will become ashamed of what they say
1 Peter 3:16 GNTD
- Conduct yourselves with gentleness and respect to others who may disagree with your beliefs and faith
- Keep your conscience clear
- When we are insulted and those who speak evil of us…will become ashamed of what they say
There’s nothing wrong with Jesus that will make us to want to defend Him.
Jesus doesn’t need to be fiercely defended neither does He expects us to be nailed to the cross for Him.
Let our behaviour be seasoned with grace, gentleness and respect all times – keeping our conscience clear.