Stay in your lane and don’t change the message!
Many times in life we make mistakes and we learn from them.
Many times we learn from the mistakes of others.
As grown adults, it’s wise for us to make our own decisions than to follow the opinions of others.
Being a Christian today presents a challenge for some of us ….believing and accepting who we are, why we must be different and how we can stay in our own lane (daily personal choices) without changing or compromising the message of Jesus Christ. These days – everyone claims to be a Christian regardless of their beliefs or not …. even if their lifestyles are shady or questionable.
Christian standards has taken a huge nose dive in today’s society. I believe that God’s standards still remains very black and white as far back from the very foundation.
According to the dictionary — a black and white situation is one in which it is easy to understand what is right or wrong, or good or bad. And that is God’s Word. It’s unchangeable.
The Bible is our roadmap just like we have our GPS in our cars to prevent us from driving around in circles with no clear direction. It’s an awful experience to find yourself lost and disoriented. When we drive on the highways there are signs to let us know the exits, guard rails to prevent us going over the cliff, and lane markings on the roads to keep us in our own lanes.
The Bible says that God’s Word is a lamp unto OUR feet and a light unto OUR path. If we refuse to read God’s roadmap and to follow His directions — we most definitely will get lost and become disoriented along the way.
The Word of God freely offers us great advise to build a strong and safe foundation for our own personal life. Regrets can be minimized. You have the option of living with Hope instead of suicidial or negative thoughts.
If we work (apply) the Word of God in our lives — we will build our lives on a solid foundation. Storms can come, and tornadoes (problems) can threaten our lives — but nothing will move us because we are anchored securely to The Rock.
If we go to church and hear the Word but don’t work it (apply) into our lives …. we will be like the foolish man who build his house by the beach. When the huge waves (problems) come, everything we build our lives on will collapse.
Don’t be afraid of being outnumbered. Eagles fly alone.
••••• Stay in your lane and don’t change the message!
Today, I’m going to leave a copy of the Ten Commandments that reminds us of our foundational principles that are still absolutely relevant:
- I am the Lord your God, the one who brought you out of Egypt (every one of us have our Egypt experiences. This is certainly not a geographic location) where you were slaves
- Do not worship any god except me. Do not make idols that look like anything in the sky or on earth or in the ocean under the earth. Don’t bow down and worship idols. I am the Lord your God, and I demand all your love. If you reject me, I will punish your families for three or four generations. But if you love me and obey my laws, I will be kind to your families for thousands of generations.
- Do not misuse my name. I am the Lord your God, and I will punish anyone who misuses my name.
- Remember that the Sabbath Day belongs to me.
- Respect your father and your mother, and you will live a long time in the land I am giving you.
- Do not murder.
- Be faithful in marriage.
- Do not steal.
- Do not tell lies about others
- Do not desire to possess anything that belongs to another person—not a house, a wife, a husband, a slave, an ox, a donkey, or anything else.
Commandment #2 appears to be very detailed in this list. I wonder why? Something to read again and think about.
What are my idols? What are your idols? God’s Word is very Black and White. It’s easy to understand what is right or wrong. It’s a simple view of what is good or bad.
•••••• If your goals set you apart from the crowd — Stay Alone!