“and I pray that CHRIST will make his HOME in your HEARTS through FAITH…
I pray that you may have your ROOTS and FOUNDATION in LOVE…
so that you, together with all God’s people, may have the POWER to UNDERSTAND how broad and long, how high and deep, is Christ’s love.”
Ephesians 3:17-18 GNTD
There’s nothing greater than the love shared between you and your family. If a husband loves his wife and the wife loves her husband —it’s a win for the village. Happy loving couples produces happy homes. They love each other, they respect each other, and their combined family strengths are like arrows in the hands of an archer’s hands.
IF every family in the entire world grew up in a family that loved, cherished and respected each other —> all the cruelty; insecurity; hatred; jealousy, murder etc would have been foreign and unknown among us.
Healthy Family Love displayed in the home is the way to show your kids that marriage can work. Love kills hatred. Love kills jealousy. Love despises what’s evil.
The emotional stability of the family depends on the love and openness shown within the walls of the home. The strength of the family is rooted in love.
In my family we end EVERY conversation on the phone saying “I love you” …. you know when you hear that statement — you can safely hang up the phone. Conversation is over.
IF you have a family that loves you:
- It absolutely doesn’t matter what the rest of the world thinks about you
- Going home after a horrible day is something you look forward to
- Every member functions with great accountability to each other
- A family that loves each other is a force to contend with
- Struggles and weaknesses become their greatest strengths because they trust each other to get them across the bridge
- Families that love each other grow up being resilient
- They enjoy spending quality time with each other
- They find great counsel and wisdom sitting around the dinner table
- The bond is NOT easily broken.
- You learn to fight fair and never walk away feeling like a loser
- If one gets lost in their journey — home is where you go when you run out of homes
- Loving Families removes the blanket of insecurity and covers each other’s faults
All families have strengths and weaknesses. All families have challenges, and all have potential for growth.
If you look for problems — you will see only problems.
If you look for strengths — you will see only strengths.
Strong families face challenges every day. Crisis will happen sooner OR later in families. Crisis can pull families apart or draw them closer.
Strong families stick together when there’s a crisis. They support each other and in the midst of a crisis their love for each other becomes a force to contend with. Strong families do not ignore problems — instead they pull on the resources of everyone.
Happy families is not about:
- Disney world
- Status in life
Happy families are those who DO THINGS TOGETHER.
When there’s a strong emotional bond —> the family CAN SURVIVE any crisis.