“Jesus knew what the Pharisees were thinking. So he said to them,
“Every kingdom that fights against itself will be destroyed.
And every city or family that is divided against itself will not survive.”
Matthew 12:25 ERV
The quickest way to wreck a home is for family members to consistently live in disagreement. As the head of the home — that’s your castle, and in a castle no one should have a right to enter and create turmoil without permission.
What you allow is what will continue to happen. A home can’t survive for long if 50% of the times there’s stress related problems; fightings; disharmony, and constant bickerings.
Yesterday’s blog, we read “The Strength of the Family is Rooted in Love” on the other hand, a house where family members are constantly in a battle against each other, unfortunately the family will not survive.
The Bible says, “Whoever wants to enter a strong man’s house and steal his things MUST FIRST TIE HIM UP. Then they can steal the things from his house.”
Mark 3:27 ERV
Dr. Tony Evans says – “Satan knows whatever he can divide, he can dominate.”
God’s Word says, “Every family divided against itself will not survive.”
While there’s dysfunction and chaos within the family circle — evil minded observers take advantage of the situation. They secretly become close friends with the most vulnerable members of the family. The family is sacred and should be guarded at all times. But while there’s internal wars brewing — the spirits of pride, selfishness, rebelliousness and stubbornness becomes very costly to pay for the destruction of your family.
“Jesus looked at the people. He was angry, but he felt very sad because they were so stubborn. Mark 3:5 ERV
How can we save our family from destruction?
- Take back authority – the head of the home must stand on guard for the family. Watch out for intruders and keep the unity and peace at all cost
- Recognize what the family is up against – close all entrances that were once opened up to the enemy through — unfamiliar spirits; porn; abuse; spirit of control; manipulation; generational curses etc
- Know who’s in charge – Christ is the Head of the Home. He’s LORD over EVERYTHING and EVERY situation. His presence in the home can turn things around in a supernatural way
- Use any room in your house as prayer closet – any room or closet space can become a prayer room, develop an alone time with God, don’t be in a rush … the waiting time before the Lord is important to your peace
- Use your words to refute the lies of the enemy – would you believe that the devil is only imitating the voice of a roaring lion. His sounds are what scares us. The devil is more intimidated by your prayers than you are afraid of his sounds. There’s must be a ‘war cry’ — no secret quiet prayers. When your home is under attack – the war sounds and the sound of your voice is what scares the enemy away
- Things will not change overnight – the darkest moment is before the break of the day. The worst period/season in your life consistently pushes the victory forward with FAITH in God. Sometimes the victory calls for marching around the walls seven times. No time spent with God is wasted
- Be persistent in prayer – pray in the car, pray in the bathroom, pray while sleeping, pray at nights, and turn every thought into a prayer
- Revenge is a demon – God says, “Vengeance is mines and I will repay” Lose the burning passion to get even when faced with evil
- Watch out for Anniversary demons – repeats of negative emotions, thoughts, behaviour and weaknesses.
The Bible says,
“When it comes back, it finds that home all neat and clean.
Then the evil spirit goes out and brings back seven other spirits more evil than itself.
They all go and live there, and that person has even more trouble than before.” Luke 11:25-26 ERV
Finally, Let go and let God — when you have done all you could do, you just stand and watch the Lord do it for you.