The phrase “To move the goal post” according to the dictionary means —someone has changed the rules in a situation or activity in order to gain advantage for themselves and to make things difficult for other people.
A relationship is — two or more people connected, or the way they behave towards each other.
There’s no perfect relationship…all relationships have its ups and downs but when you love someone — you don’t leave just because there was a problem.
Great relationships are stronger when people care enough to find a way to make it work.
When someone decides to move the goal posts in a relationship crazy things happen:
- You can’t twist the truth to make yourself appear innocent. Twisting the truth to make yourself appear to be the innocent one isn’t wisdom – it’s actually deceit
- When you try to look better than others – things fall apart, everyone gets hurt and no one wins
- Boasting that you are wise isn’t wisdom. It’s arrogance and sin waits at the front door
- Mean spiritedness is ugly – and it’s also blinding to those who participates in it
- It’s the way you live NOT the way you talk that matters – deeds speak
Any relationship that takes the joy and peace away from you – leaving you feeling confused, miserable, and saddened — demands your immediate attention. You need to make a decision that you deserve something better. Tell yourself that there’s no way you should settle for less.
Toxic relationships can create serious problems for your health.
Toxic people are great manipulators, and they are great at ‘moving the goal post’ to their advantage. The challenge is every time you feel like pulling away — they do or say something to make you rethink your decision.
- Drains you — you must become aware when someone leaves you feeling tired or drained
- Distrustful — when loyalty is questionable …then moving on should not be problematic
- Putting out more than receiving — hours of waiting or at worse no responses to text, emails and phone calls is significant and should not be overlooked
- Confrontations – are dangerous to your health and wellbeing and should be avoided at all cost
We are the choices we make ..so we should decide who we let into our inner circle. We are stronger than we think.
“Are you hurting? Pray.
Do you feel great? Sing.
Are you sick? Call the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master.
Believing-prayer will heal you, and
Jesus will put you on your feet.
And if you’ve sinned, you’ll be forgiven—healed inside and out.”
James 5:13-15 MSG