What is the meaning of a test?
- Test is a short written or spoken examination of a person’s proficiency or knowledge
- An event or situation that reveals the strength or quality of someone or something by putting them under strain
Many of us for years have been sitting in the school of Bible teachings….and actively listening to many powerful sermons over our lifetime.
- The Bible is the Word of God
- We believe that we must walk in Faith to please God
- Our relationship with God is on point
- We know that we must trust God in difficult times
- We agree that God can do and will do whatever He says He will do
No argument there at all — the truth is we have attended all classes and lectures — actively participating during the Bible teaching sessions.
But yet – when test time comes and we are actually faced with the test — we freeze and become paralyzed in fear. We struggle with unbelief and we doubt ourselves that we’ve got this.
We reluctantly face the event or situation which was simply meant to reveal the depth of knowledge of our much talked about faith in God when put under strain/stress.
Anxiety weighs down our heart and evil plots are sent to cripple our purpose/destiny. How many times are we going to have to retake our tests before passing them? How many laps are we going to have to endure before being elevated to the next level?
The next time you are faced with a test — remember that it’s only a TEST to the many things you have vociferously shouted ‘Amen’ to while sitting in the classroom of preparation. The quality of your faith and your strength is under extreme strain to test your endurance.
The sun will rise in the morning and we will go forth rejoicing. Not everyday is perfect and not everyday is bad.
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”
Hebrews 12:11 NIV
What comsumes your mind controls your life. Let your faith in God be elevated with each and every test. There’s purpose to everything we face in life.
Regardless of however long the night may be — the dawning of a new day must break forth.