In the Bible there was a man named Job. All was going well with him. He had a large family, wealth, and every imaginable kind of blessings. But…. Satan was not very impressed with Job’s perfect relationship with God …
Satan begins having a conversation with God about Job:
- Does Job serve you for nothing
- Have you not put a hedge around him and his household
- You have blessed him bountifully
- Now take away everything he have and he will surely curse you
God challenges Satan:
- Take everything he has away from
- But on the man himself do not lay a finger on him
Job lost EVERYTHING:
- his servants
- his sons and daughters
- His wife told him to curse God and die
- His friends tried to comfort him but began accusing him — suggesting that maybe he had sinned for all these awful things to happen to him
The Bible says, JOB DID NOT LOSE HIS FAITH in God.
“and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.”
In all the abundance of lost ….Job did NOT curse or blame God. When people see Christians suffering — they assume that maybe the person has sinned. Maybe — we should all begin to rethink our sufferings by asking ourselves — what is God really up to?
There must have purpose in our sufferings.
Discouragement comes to everyone in times of difficulties — Christian and Non Christian. Sinners and Saints. Rich and Poor. We can even question God too. Job did!
God answers Job: “Were you there when I made the world? If you know so much, tell me about it….It was I who covered the sea with clouds and wrapped it in darkness.” Job 38:4, 9 GNB
God is the ONLY One that is fully in charge of our tomorrows!
God is never caught off guard or surprised by our sudden events.
Job’s story had an incredible ending:
- He prayed for his friends who had accused him
- God restored all that he lost
- All his brothers, his sisters and his friends came to his home for dinner
- God blessed the LATTER half of Job’s life more than the first half
- His animals increased
- He had more children than what he lost
- Job saw his children, and his children’s children to the 4th generation before he died
Is God perchance bragging about you and I?
He has summoned Satan —”Do not even touch or even lay a finger on ——— (fill in the blank). God gives and He takes away things and people. Be reminded — He always blesses your latter years more than your former years.
Double for your trouble 🙏🏾
God is with you – you will not fail or fall.
When you wait on God – He strengths you.