ONE day over the weekend I pulled the brakes on all my activities to deliberately spend time with myself. I felt I needed to do a bit of mind, body and soul cleansing. It’s surprising how much mental and emotional junk one accumulates from just dealing with everyday Life.
Life itself gets hectic and dealing with a wide range of personalities add to the chaos.
Our fight in Life is NEVER AGAINST PEOPLE!!
The fight is always against the wicked forces of this dark and evil world. We must be prepared because we are up against far more than we can handle alone.
We need God’s help so we can remain standing on our feet.
It is important for us to stop and refuel our tanks (body, soul and spirit) because pretty soon we can find ourselves running on only fumes (bitterness, anger and resentment).
Fumes are toxic to you and to those around you.
So periodically slowing down becomes MANDATORY for greater effectiveness.
We must STOP and purge ourselves from meaningless and unnecessary conversations and THOUGHTS.
One of my goals in life is to keep on working on becoming a better me.
- Our thoughts become actions
- Our actions become our behavior
- Our behavior determines the level of happiness we enjoy
- Our happiness is the FREE-DOM to live well and have a happy heart
There’s a champion and a warrior inside of us and it’s ACTIVATED by E.V.E,R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. we say TO and ABOUT OURSELVES.
1. There will always be people who would love you
2. Then there are a large number of people who regardless of what you do – they will never like you, unless you fit INSIDE their box.
Emotions and feelings attacks everyone unexpectedly. We all carry huge baggages from our past that can indirectly influence our behavior towards each other. So never take anything personal when dealing with people. The real fight started way before you entered.
Here are some relationship issues to be on guard for:
- Resentment – it PRETENDS to be cordial with you but the HEART is not with you
- Jealousy – it STIRS up strife and usually avoids eye contact with you
- Hatred – BREWS wars within the tribe thereby destroying good reputations
- Arrogance — it CREATES conflicts in relationships and quickly disguises itself
- Abuse – this one is a biggie because it FOCUSES on your shortcomings and overlooks your successes
- Insecurity is both EVIL and DEMONIC and creates a lot of DRAMA
How to handle difficult relationships while remaining in survival mode:
- Keep expectations in check. Always hope for the best but keep your emotions in check
- Only speak on safe neutral topics. Master how to change a topic before it becomes controversial
- You cannot change anyone but you have a right to always feel respected. Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love
- Without anger – there’s no enemy. You really do not have to show a reaction to everything you notice
- We are a product of our thoughts. Stop hating yourself for everything you didn’t get right. The war is outside and you should keep it there
- If you don’t like something —don’t give it any attention. We all have a delete button. Delete negative text, WhatsApp, Pictures, Posts and any other messages. Delete Delete Delete
“We aren’t fighting against human enemies but against rulers, authorities, forces of cosmic darkness, and spiritual powers of evil in the heavens.”
Ephesians 6:12 CEB