Don’t wait for difficult times to look for God and to God. IF the only time we pray is when we are in difficulty …. then we are definitely in trouble. EVERYTHING that God chose to come our way — has PURPOSE. It’s okay to ask God questions ..,.BUT it’s important for us to listen and hear His answers.
Today, my post is highlighting the peace of God in a complex medical diagnosis. My nephew age 37 is having lumbar implants to decompress and stabilize his spine on Tuesday of this week after being paralyzed for months.
Buried deep within him — he has found a faith in God that was first in his great grandmother, his grandmother, his father and now his very own faith walk.
My nephew has experienced over the last months emotional roller coaster moments when he most certainly felt the impact of being paralyzed including the uncertainty of his post surgery recovery.
During those moments I would share faith building stories of God’s continued faithfulness in our own lives and our family’s legacy of walking by faith and NOT by sight.
Faith means being SURE of the things we HOPE for. Faith means knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. We cannot please God if we do not walk by Faith.
In his moments of fear and anxiety— he has never once become inconsolable. His cheerful demeanour has been one of his greatest assets. To many observers who don’t understand how he could be smiling through this difficult situation assumes that maybe he is putting on a front.
“And God’s peace will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. The PEACE that God gives is so great that we cannot UNDERSTAND it.” Philippians 4:7
Little do they know that his strength and show of courage is because of God’s peace that is keeping his heart and mind. As he faces this chapter in his life….he may not be excited ABOUT his diagnosis BUT he understands that in everything he can trust God rather than to complain or cry about it.
When you need peace, God promises to provide a peace that PASSES ALL understanding.
When faced with anxiety, fear and worry:
- Push back all negative talk
- Resist the urge to Google and to continually feed your mind on symptoms, side effects and other stuff to bring on anxiety
- Listening to other people’s stories can overwhelm one’s personal faith in God our healer
- Reading the scriptures and meditating on God’s Word inspires us to trust God. Keep faith alive
- Listening to worship songs brings restoration and healing of our body, mind, soul and spirit
- Feed your faith by having a spirit of gratitude for all the many other blessings in your life
- Destroy doubt by confessing that WITH GOD ALL things are possible
- Get around faith building people — positive talk kills fear
- You may NEVER fully understand how God moves BUT we are assured that His thoughts and plans towards us are going to work together for OUR good
God says, “What is impossible with man, is possible with God.”
Choose you this day whom you will serve? But as for me and my household — we will serve the LORD!
May God have the last word as we have decided that IN EVERYTHING WE WILL GIVE GOD THANKS!
To those who doubt that FAITH in God gives you a peace of mind – keep on watching in silence.
To those who have FAITH in God – we will make God great by standing firm.
God wants you to have a peaceful life — regardless of whatever you may face — let the peace of God rule in your heart.