A junkyard is a place where people takes things that they NO LONGER WANT. THEY LEAVE IT THERE….it’s discarded.
To move on in life it’s important to get rid of the junk we secretly store away in our minds and the hurtful things that hourly consume our waking moments. It’s time to travel light. If NOT now …then when?
Over the next three days my blogs will be interesting to read as we look at ways to move on to the next level.
Junk that we can be secretly storing in our hearts: Shattered glass, old Vehicles, Shredded material, Scraps of food, Muddy waters, Bad investments, or Betrayal.
It is possible for us to forget what it feels like to be junk free.
Junk we store away in our hearts:
- Shattered glass – this is equivalent to someone dealing with ‘Shattered’ emotions. Others have to tip toe around you fearing that anything they say or do will leave you with further pain.
- Old Vehicles – used to hide feelings from the world.
- Scraps of food – the awful words that were spoken to you in bitterness and rage ….and you rehearse them during storytelling
- Muddy waters – the chaos and unresolved issues that torments you late at nights
- Bad investments — relationships gone soured but yet there are attachments and sentimental value that are still meaningful to you. Refusal to let go of things and people in your past
- Betrayal – yes it’s real. Yes it’s unfair. Yes you were wronged.
Today is time to clean up your junk in the trunk and take it to the junkyard. Leave it there! Your mind should be a happy place to live in, not a storage space to hold bad memories. Let it go!!
My God reveals Hinself in things we call ‘IMPOSSIBLE’ because in the fullness of time when our impossible becomes POSSIBLE — then He gets the glory. Victory belongs to God. We can’t do it on our own.
It’s really up to you to get your junk into the junkyard.
“So then let’s also run the race that is laid out in front of us, since we have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us.
Let’s throw off any extra baggage, get rid of the sin that trips us up.”
Hebrews 12:1 CEB