Disclaimer: I do not pretend to have it all, know it all or be it all …but I’ve learnt to reach back and lend a hand to anyone who’s struggling to get to my rung on the ladder. I am humbled and grateful for every leg of my journey in life – The Good. The Bad. And please don’t forget – The Ugly.
As I look back over my life, I have become a very proud recipient of conquering my fears. It’s been one of my most important and celebrated victories of my life so far.
I grew up very insecure, had low self esteem, terrified of failures, timid, shy, and would never be one of those that you would see doing public speaking. I was afraid of even standing up for myself ….but yet I was very vociferous on behalf of others who didn’t have a voice (I find this very interesting).
In my past I used to be extremely troubled and distraught over people’s opinions of me … I never felt that I had enough positive energy to counteract their opinions of me. Then, one day (don’t know when) to my great surprise – I woke up and felt this measure of assertiveness rising within me. The low self esteem coupled with the long list of personal baggage was gone.
So now – I’m on a journey to do everything within my power to maintain my confidence without allowing the spirit of cockiness to overshadow my good.
Today, I’m sharing my secret on ways I’ve adopted to maintain my confidence. I got tired of being emotionally challenged so I quit the game.
Hope this helps someone:
- I purpose in my heart to remain at peace with myself in every situation. That positive energy doesn’t mean I’m ignoring the ugly side of life … it simply means at the end of the 24 hours I CHOOSE to go to bed thinking on the brighter side of life. I do not entertain negative thoughts at bedtime
- I look for the silver lining in every dark gloomy day. I’ve definitely come a long way in how I handle difficult situations. I’ve had many bad endings but I’ve been blessed to see them turn into new beginnings for me. The best lessons I’ve had were bought to me through heartbreaks and failures. I’m no longer a slave to heartbreaks and failures
- Gratitude – this is my secret to overcoming my fears. I love to thank God for E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G …. this right here is my secret. I’ve found that the more you give thanks – it’s the more you enjoy life. At the end of the week I take pride in listing ALL that the Lord has allowed me to experience. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. It has ALL worked in my favor
- I distract myself from anything that’s draining my energy. I have a favourite button called ‘delete’. I use it for negative people, negative text messages, negative memories etc. They all go into my trash bins. If it drains you – get rid of it.
- I choose the members of my tribe. These are people who support me, love me and lift me up instead of dragging me down. As in everything in life … there are seasons. People also comes in seasons. Some plant. Others water. Some brings the increase (open doors to your dreams). Overall, every season (person) makes you who you are today. So appreciate and love everyone
- Music – this is another key that I hold dear to my heart. If ever I become overly obsessed with failures, or negative thoughts – BAM 💥 my music goes on loud and I play music until my sorrows have been drowned. I do not set a time limit. It stays on until …. I combat my negative moods with loud PRAISE songs. My mind is my battlefield so I’m putting up my weapon of PRAISE.
At the end of the day – WHATEVER went ahead or is behind me …. my goal is to be singing when my bedtime comes.