As far back as I can remember – I USED to be my personal chief critic.
If there was a penalty handed out for anyone who said anything bad about themselves – I would have been convicted numerous times and be thrown behind bars as a repeat offender.
Just a FEW examples of things I said to myself:
- “I can’t” … this was the quickest phrase to roll off my lips many times without even thinking.
- “I’m so stupid” …. when I made a mistake – I would say it out loud to myself
- “I’m not smart” …. would never volunteer to do anything. Or if called upon – I would decline without batting an eye
- “I’m not pretty enough” …. was always afraid of being rejected
Today, I MAY just be that one adult woman who has suddenly flipped the coin and started believing in MYSELF.
It wasn’t until around 2014 …. I convinced myself that EVERYONE (no one excluded) lives with some measure of unhappiness and I should do myself a Favor and begin loving ME before it’s too late.
I asked MYSELF – “What happened that made you begin believing in me?” My answer came back to me loud and clear “When I found out that the warrior within me was hearing my unhappy words.”
From that moment on – I began setting boundaries.
I needed to develop a healthy relationship with MYSELF.
How did I plan to do this?
- By checking my thoughts. I began thinking positively about MYSELF.
- Followed by setting personal boundaries to protect myself from being manipulated, used, offended or hurt by others.
Setting up personal boundaries helped me to keep a daily check on:
- Who am I? I am who I am behind closed doors. Lying on my bed at nights
- What am I pondering on? – every minute/hour of the day determines how my day will end
- What am I feeling? – keeping a personal check on my emotional, mental, physical and spiritual state to ward off negative vibes
NOTE: All of the above has NOTHING to do with the thoughts and feelings of others.
This was all about ME and loving MYSELF.
The secret is – the Word of God clearly states:
‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’
Mark 12:29-31 MSG
My AHA Moment: Have you ever wondered that the people (ladies) who don’t like you, who criticize you, talk behind your back – just may be struggling with loving themselves and literally – it has NOTHING to do with you? It’s almost like everybody wants to make a paper doll out of you. Put your eyes in certain colour, your lips in a different shape, your hair kinky or straight, clothes to match their colour tone …etc etc
Now do YOURSELF a Favor today – Start controlling what you think because the WARRIOR within you HEARS YOUR WORDS.