The same is true when you look at the faults and weaknesses of others …. you get blinded to your own faults, insecurities and shortcomings.
Happy families DO NOT put others down, they LIFT others UP!
No family is perfect. Don’t be fooled by what you hear or what you see on Facebook, Instagram and other Social Media websites.
What you may see as a ‘perfect’ family is simply imperfect family members who purpose within themselves not to give up on each other.
Our world is in chaos and it’s in dire need for healthy relationships, healthy homes and healthy communities.
Is it possible that we can be the change that we are looking for?
Here are some simple steps that can be instilled in the hearts and minds of our family’s members:
- If you find your enemy’s prized possession – take it back to him.
- You see the child of someone who hates you lying helpless or hurt …don’t walk off and leave. Help them up.
- When there’s a dispute – speak the truth always
- Stay clear of false accusations. The truth will set you free.
- Don’t contribute to the death of innocent and good people. God don’t like ugly and He doesn’t let the wicked off the hook.
- Don’t create drama so you can get attention from others. Blowing things out of proportion creates disharmony.
- Don’t take bribes. Bribes can distort the truth.
- Integrity is choosing to do what’s right even if everyone else is against you.
- Don’t take advantage of a stranger. Everyone of us has been a stranger in our lives.
- Above ALL – love your neighbors as yourself
Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.