The definition of dead weight is the HEAVINESS of a PERSON or OBJECT that CANNOT or DOES NOT MOVE by itself.
I’m sure as parents we must have had some unforgettable moments when we were forced to lift a sleeping child all the way upstairs after they had fallen to sleep watching TV.
Well let’s just consider for a moment how many times:
- per day
- per week
- per month
- per year
have we carried a difficult situation, or a bad episode of anger, or hurt feelings around in our minds, our hearts or in our visions at nights? To carry the dead weight of bad relationships and negative emotions can ruin our entire life stumping our growths.
Carrying dead weight around is:
- time consuming
- stifles and chokes your laughter
- steals your peace
- poisons your thoughts
- robs you of your sleep
Can we say “Enough is Enough”?
Let’s look at how the man Jacob handled his fear of returning back to his brother after deceiving him of his birthright. The Bible says that Jacob was scared. Very scared. He panicked and carefully strageized his return back to his homeland and to his brother.
- But Jacob stayed behind by himself, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak
- When the man saw that he couldn’t get the best of Jacob as they wrestled, he deliberately threw Jacob’s hip out of joint.
The man said, “Let me go; it’s daybreak.”
Jacob said, “I’m not letting you go ’til you bless me.””
The key sentence is, “I’m NOT letting you go ’till you bless me.”
Do we have a loving God who will wrestle with us until we eventually drop off our deadweight? Definitely. 100%.
Facts to note when dealing with deadweight issues:
- It always occurs at nighttime. It’s your worst nightmare experience
- You are vulnerable and loneliness wrestles like a real person eventually troubling your heart and unsettling your emotions
- There’s a serious wrestling of thoughts that spirals out of control
- There’s an anxiety to get over this craziness before daybreak
- There’s laborious pain involved
But there’s a GOD who doesn’t sleep or slumber that watches over your soul whether you are aware of His Presence or not ….
IF we refuse to give up and pray to God letting Him know that you are NOT going through another night of torment UNTIL He blesses you – ONLY then you are guaranteed for VICTORY!
Enough is Enough. Refuse to let go of God until He blesses you. That’s the kind of prayer that gets God’s attention.
“Stalwart walks in step with GOD;
If he stumbles, he’s not down for long; GOD has a grip on his hand.”
Psalm 37:23-24 MSG