Would you believe me if I told you from reading the Bible that there are some things that God isn’t impressed about when we pray:
- When we treat prayer meetings like if it’s a stage to show off our eloquence
- When we act compassionate when others are watching
- When we believe there’s a formula to getting our prayers answered
- When we think our holiness will make us into some sort of a spiritual celebrity
- When we try to impress God with meaningless and vague words
- When we believe that other people’s sins are far worse than ours
- When we perform as actors and actresses before God
It’s so simply the things that God looks forward to when we come before Him:
- Finding a quiet and lonely place to pray so that the focus will shift from us to God
- “Just Me and God Time Moment” …No one to impress. It doesn’t hit Social Media and the Intercom that we are praying
- Praying very simple worded prayers because God knows all that we stand in need of even before we ask
- Our heart posture must be right because He rules over the affairs of man
- There’s a connection between what GOD does and what WE do – so stay strong in Faith
- Our relationship with God shows that we honour and reverence Him
- Having a spirit of humility whereby we call Him “Our Father”
- Recognizing that God’s plans are better than our plans
- Praying for others that their faith will not fail
- Not what we want but whatever God sees fit
Jesus taught us HOW to pray:
“Our Father in heaven, Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best— as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You’re in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You’re ablaze in beauty! Yes. Yes. Yes ”
Matthew 6:7-13 MSG
Having the correct heartposture before God – keeps us: