It’s interesting to know that we can actually teach people how to treat us? The sad part to this is, if you don’t know your worth … you can be settling for far less than your highest bidder.
When you are craving for attention and acceptance it’s very possible you will expose your heart to people who would trample your feelings and self esteem.
If you don’t set boundaries … you will soon be disrespected and disappointed with your relationships.
Sometimes folks can have it all together in their lives, but yet when it comes to relationships, they habitually find themselves in the wrong relationships because they are settling for less than they deserved.
I’ve also seen a great injustice found between parents and children….parents sacrificially giving their children everything they ask for in exchange for their own happiness.
The secret in all relationships is knowing your worth and setting boundaries from the beginning.
If you find yourself in a relationship where you have felt disrespected … then you know right away that you are worth more than what you have been getting in that relationship.
Knowing your worth is key to enjoying a long and healthy life.
Worrying about bad relationships and complaining about them changes absolutely NOTHING.
If anything costs you your peace its too expensive.
Your inner circle of family and friends are sacred and you have a right to be selective and very thoughtful when choosing them.
If you find yourself making excuses for people who don’t value you, don’t appreciate you, or those who have disrespected you – then you have failed at the most important relationship which is the one with yourself.
What you tolerate teaches others how to treat you. Don’t be intimidated by letting others know your standards. People’s actions will tell you if they understand your value.
Know for a fact:
- The right people will be part of your inner circle when you learn to love yourself first and foremost
- Respect yourself and others will respect you
- Love yourself
- Be selective. Your happiness is worth more than being popular
- If you don’t respect and love yourself first – then your emotions will be unstable
- Know your worth and don’t tolerate being treated in any way less than you deserve
- You deserve to be treated the way you treat others and you treat others the way you would like to be treated.