Everybody, every single human being has been offended, and will continue to be offended as long as we are living on planet earth. Offense will come. They come in a way to discourage or hamper our growth.
Offenses can come if we feel that someone spoke too harshly to us; or if we think that we are being ignored or overlooked. There are countless ways to become offended.
Our dreams and hope are gone when our spirits get crushed. The best way to handle offense is by developing a healthy relationship with God. When the pressure is on because offense has come, we can cry out in our pain to God and receive the help we need.
If we pray consistently asking God for us not to take offense….He will answer our prayers.
Hebrews 4:16-17 MSG
- “Now that we know what we have – Jesus this great High Priest with ready access to God
- Let’s not let it slip through our fingers
- We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality.
- He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all – all but the sin.
- So let’s walk right up to Him and get what He is so ready to give.
- Take the mercy, accept the help.”