I am a newbie to Social Media. I must say that I am appalled at the vast amount of angry and hurtful comments that are left on some people’s posts if the views shared are different from those of the commenters.
I would like to believe that everyone who posts should be respected for their own personal views. I think that pettiness has made some people cruel and insensitive to others.
Here’s my two cents on how to deal with pettiness:
- When someone gets petty…don’t get mad. Losing one minute of happiness turns into unproductive hours of being mad
- Block. Delete. You don’t have time to brood over negativity. People look for a reaction…so choose not to react
- It’s impossible to please everyone. Share your story. Make a difference
- People’s petty comments are a true reflection of them, not you. Ignore it
- Social Media is not for the faint of heart. Stay positive or stay behind bars
- Say something of worth that one day you will be proud of yourself. When they go low, you go high
- Dealing with pettiness is part of life, how you and I respond to it will leave a lasting impression on others
- Keep close bonds with those who love and respect you for your values. Respect goes both ways…to others and to yourself
- Enjoy posting your favourite moments. Your journey in life is unique, it can inspire others to see the best in themselves
- Will other people’s pettiness matter to you…next week…next month…next 5 years. No, it wouldn’t.
Finally, don’t sweat the small stuff. There are 7.442 billion people on planet earth….you really only need one GOOD friend. Don’t be overly obsessed with your ‘likes’ … be more aware of those who fix your crowns.