There was a man named Job in the Bible. Job was a happy and wealthy man with ten children. All of that changed when Satan had a conversation with GOD.
Here’s how this all happened:
- Angels came to present themselves before the Lord
- Satan also came along with them
The Lord asks Satan where he came from…
Satan’s response – from roaming through the earth and going back and forth
Something to think about:
Isn’t it kinda of unnerving to know that Satan comes along when we go before God?
Conversation gets more interesting:
God asks Satan – “Have you considered my SERVANT JOB?”
Satan’s responded –
“Have you put a HEDGE around him and his household and everything he has? Stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face?”
The Lord responded – “Very well, then, EVERYTHING he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Doing some reflections here:
It is noted here that Job was a servant of God.
1. What is our relationship status with God?
Satan knew that God had placed a hedge around Job, and he taught that if Job loses EVERYTHING he would curse God to His face.
2. Is our love for God more valuable than His gifts to us?
God then warns Satan not to put one finger on Job.
3. Is God still in total control over everything that He allows to come our way?
It would be nice to think that God places a hedge around everyone …but…the Bible said that the hedge of protection was around Job the SERVANT/FRIEND of GOD.
God forms a hedge of protection ONLY around those that fear and honors Him.
1. What is Satan after in our lives?
2. How does God see you and I? As servants/friends?
3. What if God removes the hedge of protection from around us?
4. How would we respond if all that we have is lost?
5. Would we curse God to His face?
Great News: There is a chapter 42 in the book of Job. After Job prayed for his friends:
- The Lord restored Job’s losses
- The Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before
- The Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning
Final thought – When Satan has a conversation with GOD about us….will God find us writing our Chapter 42?