Fear is one of the most popular weapons that the enemy uses against us. The spirit of fear controls our thoughts, our actions, and our decisions.
Many Caribbean Islands experienced a 7.3 earthquake on August 21, 2018. It was the largest earthquake in Trinidad and Tobago. It caused extensive damage in some areas…. but left most citizens shaken and afraid.
As talks of tsunami plays over the airwaves, people’s hearts were failing them for fear. It was like a repeat of 9/11 that happened in the U.S.A. where most people became more aware of the desperate need for a savior in the midst of the chaos and confusion.
Prayers were flooding the internet via social media and everyone became more focused on God.
The truth be told – people all over the world are running scared. There are sounds of wars, violence has increased, terrorism is everywhere and there’s simply no safe haven anywhere to be found.
There’s just so much too worry about ….as the safety of our family is now at a higher risk.
Fear is real…but the truth is….we may not know the future… but we most certainly can know the God who does.
We may not be in control of all the happenings around us, but we can trust the One who is in control.
We can use the promises of God to fight off fear:
● When we are afraid, we can put our trust in God.
● Do not be anxious about anything, give it to God and He will set a protective wall around our minds and hearts. And His peace will rise above our understanding.
● When our anxiety is great, God promises to comfort us.
● God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in the time of trouble. Therefore, we will not be afraid of the terror by night or the arrow that flies by day.
● Amidst the anxious thoughts, God is there to comfort us.
● Unless God Himself keeps watch, we will not safe from tsunamis, and every unimaginable disaster and tragedy. Our help comes from God and God alone.
All the crazy thoughts of worry and fear – give them to God and give your mind some well deserved rest. God is fully aware of everything that concerns you and I … and He’s got it all under control.
2 thoughts on “The What Ifs”
Our lives are in HIS hands.
LikeLiked by 1 person