In life, no one is exempted from pain, death, fear, worry, heartache or despair. But…we all have to make a personal choice on what things we will focus on, and what we will give little or no airtime.
I kid you not when I say that I don’t fully understand why some folks choose to live in misery and torment…and then they become agitated when others are winning.
While we may be going through the worst, we can give God permission to work on our inside…Attitude checks. Emotional baggage. Soft responses. Letting negative thoughts go quickly. I am still a work in progress.
There are some unnecessary weight (unresolved issues, remorse, guilt, shame) that must go now…not the last day of 2018…but now.
With 28 days to go before 2018 becomes history it’s a good time to declutter our lives.
● Teach people how to treat you. You were bought with a price so walk worthy of the price that was paid in full before you and I were born.
● Set boundaries and rebuild your life. Walk away from anything that repeatedly disturbs your peace. A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect.
● You can’t keep running away from life…so stop and face whatever it is – and don’t blame others.
●Waiting for others to make you happy will keep you hostage to their availability.
● Think positively, no matter how hard life gets. We don’t have to figure it all out because God holds our tomorrows.
● When in doubt, pray. When angry, pray. When tired, pray. Just pray! Nothing changes until we pray.
● Put God first, regardless of whatever trauma or heartache we will face in the days, weeks, or months to come.
Just close your eyes and say, “God help me through this.”
Finally, God provides comfort and strength to everyone who trust in Him. The best is yet to come.