Google says, “Depression is when self-doubt creeps in and that swiftly turns to depression. Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. … Feeling sad or having a depressed mood.
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. Everyone feels anxious now and then. It’s a normal emotion. Anxiety disorders are different, though. They are a group of mental illnesses, and the distress they cause can keep you from carrying on with your life normally. For people who have one, worry and fear are constant and overwhelming, and can be disabling.”
I am not an expert on depression and anxiety, but from what I have read — depression and anxiety creeps into our lives from negative feelings creating negative thoughts that affect how we think and oftentimes overthink the unknown thereby preventing us from carrying on with our normal life.
Now, let’s have a glimpse into God’s perspective on fighting back depression and anxiety:
DO YOUR BEST:
- by filling your minds meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious
- the best, not the worst
- the beautiful, not the ugly
- things to praise, not things to curse
Try God’s wise and reasonable approach and see what happens OR do nothing about it and nothing will change.
- The Lord is near ME. He will heal my crushed spirits
- Many are my troubles, but the Lord will take me safely out of them all
- I will not fret or worry. Instead of worrying, I will pray
- I will let God know all my concerns
- I know that God will make everything come together for my good.
- I will rest in His peace and it will be well
- Even when I feel like I’m walking through the darkness I will not be afraid, for the LORD will be right beside me, guarding and leading me step by step
- Every day I will begin the day with courage and hope
- When I am afraid, I will trust in God
- I will not fear because God is for me
- God puts my tears in His bottle, and when I cry out to God my enemies will turn their backs on me. Then I will know that God is for me
- In God I have put my trust
- I will not be afraid
Rick Warren says, “People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things. If you don’t have a relationship with God, you have every reason to worry. You’ve got to get to know God! As a believer, you have a heavenly Father who has promised to take care of you. You are God’s child, and children get special privileges. When you worry, God says, “You’re my child. Why are you acting like an orphan?”