Not EVERY Friend is a True Friend.
Not every friend is a true friend. There are friendships of convenience when you are useful to someone, they stay with you. Then there are friendships of fun – you enjoy doing fun things together. But a true friend is hard to find because they are extraordinary – honest, low-maintenance, loyal, respectful, trustworthy, and has your best interest at heart.
People who are true friends look up to each other and they share similar interests. They will never knowingly lead you into making decisions that aren’t good for you. If you walk with wise friends, you will be wise but a person who has bad friends they will be put to shame.
A bad friend has no self-control and doesn’t care about the consequences of telling your secrets to others when the friendship ends. They watch you climbing to the peak of bad choices and tell you that you are doing well. While good friends are a blessing, bad friends are a curse.
“Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” Booker T. Washington
“In life, we never lose friends, we only learn who the true ones are.”
“Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.”
- Proverbs 22:3 “The wise sees danger and take cover, but the simple keep going and suffer the consequences.”
- Proverbs 3:3-4: “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.”
- Proverbs 12:26 “A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.”
- Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
- Proverbs 27:6 “Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
Friends who love through all the seasons of life are to be respected. Families who stick together in all kinds of trouble are to be admired. Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friend but who you were, who you are, and who you will become are three completely different people so be prepared for change.
Sometimes, God makes you uncomfortable to get you to move to the next level. Build relationships with people who believe in your dreams and encourage you to be the best you can be.
Final quote – “The world is full of people who, no matter what you do, no matter what you try, will simply NOT like you. But the world is full of those who WILL love you fiercely. The ones who love you – they are YOUR people. BE WHO YOU ARE. YOU ARE NOT EVERYONE’S CUP OF TEA AND THAT’S OKAY.”
PRAYER TIME: Jesus, you are the One who shows us how to love and to be a trustworthy friend. Bless our friendships and may we never let fear and insecurity keep us from relating to each other. In Jesus Name, Amen