Oh, it’s CHRISTMAS 🎄 📕
This week I will be sharing FOUR STORIES from the TRUTHBOOK
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. Decorate a grape vine, a palm tree, plum tree if you wish. It was God who made all trees.
Choose something from the list below if you want to give Jesus a gift:
- Write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year.
- Visit someone in a nursing home/hospital. You don’t have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
- Write a letter to that person on your mind telling them that you are praying for them and their family this year. And follow up with them.
- Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can’t afford, and they don’t need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of the birth of Jesus and why He came. Hold them in your arms and remind them that Jesus loves them.
- Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
- Did you know that someone in your community will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don’t know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
- Instead of nit picking about what the retailer calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren’t allowed to wish you a “Merry Christmas” that doesn’t keep you from wishing them one.
Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn’t make so much money on that day they’d close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.
- If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary who takes God’s love and the Good News to those who have never heard Jesus’ Name.
- Here’s a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your community who not only will have no “Christmas” tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive.
If you don’t know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity and they will make the delivery for you.
- Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Jesus, then behave like a Christian. Don’t do things in secret that you wouldn’t do in God’s presence. Let people know by your actions that you are a Christian.
Don’t forget; God can take care of Himself. Just love God and do what He tells you to do. God will take care of all the rest.
Have yourself a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember – I LOVE YOU 🎄