Most of us have experienced making unwise and impulsive decisions and afterwards feeling the regrets of those decisions. If you ever wonder where those unwise and impulsive decisions come from … look no more ….they came from our own secretive desires of our hearts which flares up hurting our reputation.
Proverbs 9:17 says, “Stolen water is sweet and food eaten in secret is delicious But they do not know that the dead is there , and her guests are in the depths of the grave.” We all have skeletons in our closet as reminders of our unwise and impulsive decisions.
Now when we decide to do what we know is right, it’s pretty frustrating because old habits are hard to break and we can’t figure out what is best for us any longer because of how long we’ve been off track. Life becomes a huge tangled mess as the bad habits have taken deep roots and our negative responses have become almost predictable.
Here’s the truth…Motivation is only the beginning to getting back on the right path, we must be ready to work hard and stick with it. Getting back on track is hard … but going off track took years to get there, so be patient with yourself. One step up at a time is better than remaining in the mess for the rest of your life.
- Become curious of what your life could look like versus remaining a victim of bad choices
- Believe in yourself that you can do better rather than assuming that everyone is out to get you
- Comparison is the silent killer to our goals so don’t lose time watching others
- There’s very little control over what life throws at you, so learn the act of maneuvering your way through the hits and misses
- Let your conversations motivate you to become the 1% of those who have an intriguing comeback story
- What you are carrying inside of you takes time to birth so don’t lose hope when you see others receiving their accolades
- Face your fear and give it a wink because this time next year your wins would prove your fears were wrong
Your past may not have been all your fault but your recovery is totally your responsibility.
Caught between a rock and a hard place?
God is saying to you that you can make it….if you are willing to do it this time with His help. There are some unwise and impulsive decisions we have made that only God can give us His wisdom and grace to turn them into purpose.
2 thoughts on “Your Recovery is Totally Your Responsibility”
For this, too, we have JESUS 🙏 💝 💞 💖
LikeLiked by 1 person
Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today and FOREVER 🙌🏽