Today I’m featuring my husband of 44 years and father to our 4 daughters. The world hears more about ‘dead beat’ fathers than they hear about good fathers. I am so grateful that from the very first date way back in 1971 … I fell in love with a good man. I didn’t have to go exploring to find the right mate.
A good husband and father is seldom portrayed as a hero to the world but to the villagers in the village — he is our king!
There are qualities that I admire in my husband and I’m very happy to share them with the world.
- He loves and honors God (Important ingredient to a healthy and happy home) If a man loves God first – he knows how to speak the languages of love to each member of his family
- He’s easily accessible to EACH member of his family at any time (No meeting is ever too important for him to pick the phone up if we call. Never changed from Day 1)
- He’s a great mentor to his family members first and then to others (His household consistently seeks his wise counsel and others do too)
- He’s patient. (Ask me first, I’ve tried it many times)
- He’s a great leader. He keeps his team motivated and their energy levels high. He knows that every member of his team is a person. (Leadership is his strength)
- He’s sober minded – has self control and doesn’t fly off the handle. Always calm and even tempered. (I do a great job at maintaining it – smile)
- He takes pride in maintaining a good reputation in his profession as a Certified Accountant. (He gets really excited when his goals are met and is extremely resourceful and flexible)
- He knows the strength of his teams both at home and in the workplace (He knows if every team player enjoys what they do – the work gets done and everyone is happy including him)
I enjoyed putting this tribute together for my hero and an amazing husband and father— Eddison R Doyle PhD
Happy Father’s Day to all the great fathers out there. You have made YOUR village a safe and happy place to live in.