God never intended for you and I to focus on our shortcomings….
If ever I find myself becoming heavily obsessed with my countless shortcomings…I remind myself that I will always be IMPERFECT WITHOUT Jesus Christ.
Knowing God has its benefits….God covers my shortcomings with His feathers, and hides me under His wings from the daily attacks of my enemies. His incredible and unconditional love builds a wall around me night and day.
- I may be pressured on every side, but certainly NOT crushed
- I may be unsure of what to do, but God always KNOWS what to do
- I may be hated by many, but God has NEVER left my side for one quick second
- I’ve been knocked down, but NEVER knocked out
- I can be going through the worst, BUT I always have an assurance that everything will work out just fine
- My life is so hid in Christ that my enemies have become my FOOTSTOOL
- In Christ ALONE I place my trust. Full stop. End of discussion.
- I live in the face of death, but every day gets sweeter than the day before
- My BODY may be wasting away, but my MIND is being renewed day by day
- I look not at the things that can be seen…they are temporal
The stuff we encounter from day to day is just for a moment. Therefore, I DO NOT BECOME DISCOURAGED.
We will be frustrated; anxious; hopeless; suicidal; miserable; sick; lonely; and revisiting our past pain.
Every day we live, we will always have to make choices. We can make the choice either to do everything with God’s help so we can finish strong …. or choose to be disheartened and miserable every day.
Psalms 4:8 “I fall asleep in peace the moment I lie down because you alone, O Lord, enable me to live securely.”
Psalms 15:2-5 “Those who lead blameless lives and do what’s right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts…such persons will stand firm forever.”
Proverbs 22: 1 “Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is far better than silver and gold.”
Take a deep breath and don’t believe the things you tell yourself when you are sad and lonely. We all have choices…
2 thoughts on “Choices”
Amen! Great words of encouragement and direction. JESUS is all I need!
Have a blessed day and thank you for your daily insights.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Having a loving and supportive sister like you makes life interesting. Thanks JT for your love